Sheer and prints shopping Sunday

Dries Van Noten tee


Tracy set another thrift shopping trip to Pasig. Unfortunately, nobody else confirmed. But Tracy was kind enough to accompany me to go through the stores again. Unfortunately or fortunately, we decided to meet at Shangri-La Mall, where Homme et Femme was located.

I took a peek, and of course told myself it won't go beyond that. This ikat print tee by Dries Van Noten, from his Spring 2010 collection, was hard to let go. I like how the printing mimics woven fabric.


Maison Martin Margiela trousers


Letting caution go, I asked the sales assistants if their satellite on-sale shop was still open. It was, and this is what I got next: Maison Martin Margiela cotton and wool trousers that appears to be woven. I like the texture, and the fit! I couldn't remember though from which collection or year this was form as I was informed that they were selling not just last season's items.


Liberty 02


Besides my purchases, I also liked these Liberty ties embellished with brass (?) beads.


Liberty 01


Very nice and also quite expensive. Ideas for my accessories line!


Esprit shirt 01


So returning to my agenda that afternoon, Tracy and I finally went thrift shopping. This was the first piece that grabbed my interest: a cotton-polyester mix shirt that is good for cooler weather, or worn as a shirt jacket.


Esprit 02


Besides the fabric, the arm pocket also got me.


Izzue 01


Next was this funny print worn backwards.


Izzue 02


I see birds, horses, revolvers, keys, helicopters, leaves, rabbits, guitars… What a strange and endearing mix!


Prudence 01


And this, this is what got me all excited. The fabric of this shirt looks thick, sack-like. But, if you knew me, you'd know what I would reveal next.


Prudence 02


You guessed it. The "model of prudence" is sheer.


Ensemble 01


After toying a bit with the images of this post, I came up with these four outfits.


Ensemble 02


Which one do you like best?


Ensemble 03


Depends on you if you want the tee worn over or under.


Ensemble 04


But in this case, there is only one way to wear this shirt — reversed.