GQ Style: Refresher




I know it's June already and legitimately, Manila is in the rainy season. But summer was so short, and anticipation to wear out my shorts, too long!


'Refresher', GQ Style 6 Spring-Summer 2008
Photographed by Clare Shilland, Styled by David Lamb


Cardigan, shirt, tie: all Dunhill; zip-off shorts, Siv Stoldal; shoes, G-Star




Too much word play, I know, but I can't help it. It's been raining elephants and horses the past few days. Even the sun on this lazy Sunday is unsure, if not untrue.


Jacket and vest: both Paul Smith; trousers, Y-3; shoes, Lanvin; sunglasses, Persol




I know the weather can't please everyone. Sometimes, even I am grateful for the cool—enough reason to bring out some jackets.


Shirt and tie: both Alexander McQueen; trousers, YMC; shoes, Tom Ford




And maybe something like this?

I sure miss the good lighting, the warmness of hues that can't help but lift ones spirits.


Jacket, shirt, tie, trousers: all Thom Browne; sunglasses, from a selection: Prada




Summer come back!


Shirt, Dries Van Noten; tie, Hardy Amies London; trousers, Diesel




I'm not yet done playing.


Jacket and shorts: both Marc by Marc Jacobs; shirt and tie: both Hardy Amies London; socks, Falke; hi-tops, Pierre Hardy




Haven't had enough beach time and simply lying in the shade.


Polo shirt, V-neck jumper, trousers: all Ralph Lauren Purple Label; sunglasses, Persol




But if needs must be, I'll settle even for just an hour each day with no clouds in the sky, with the leaves not weighed down by anything.

Too much gloom is unhealthy!


Top, Giorgio Armani