Superhero Sunday

IMG_0122


Finally, I was able to get my hands on this cutout faux leather jacket by Drei Soriano, which I blogged about here: Philippine Fashion Week: Drei Soriano.


IMG_0124
Click for larger image


The biker jacket came right off the runway. A little big, but I think the fit is still great.


IMG_0125


A friend pointed out that the piece reminded him of the X-Men, but I declined to wear it when I watched the latest film. (I actually wore denim on denim, in shorts, but more about that soon.)


IMG_0123
Click for larger image


I am wearing the jacket with the Thelxinoe necklace from the Hardware collection of my Bosquejo accessories.





IMG_0126


Incidentally, the stylist who shot the editorial for Drei's Holiday 2011 lookbook, also borrowed the same necklaces to match the piece. I actually love how leather matches my Hardware accessories, matching edge with edge.


IMG_0130


Here is the back, which I think is good enough for Banshee. Notice the zippered sleeves.


IMG_0128


Though I think both the jacket and the necklace can be toned down by softer pieces, they look made for each other. As if there were only one way to go.


IMG_0132
Click for larger image



Faux leather biker jacket, Drei Soriano; tee, cK Calvin Klein; jeans, Two Percent; belt, Izzue; leather sneakers, Helmut Lang

Outfit photos by Kevin Bautista