Red-lettered thrift Saturday

IMG_2639b


The day started ash gray, with the morning more dazzling because of the drizzle.

gray sheer shorts


That's why I took advantage of uncertain weather and paired my lightly ashy cardigan with a thrifted pair of shorts that are almost sheer, slightly gauzy, with veins of silver in the thread. (Bought it together with my other gray items on an equally somber day.) And since they didn't have any pockets, I just inserted my white handkerchief in my cardigan, much like a jacket's pocket square.

Cardi 01


Though the sun didn't come out, the cloudy day didn't stop me from claiming these magnificent maroon loafers I blogged about the other day. Just look at the details: the panels, the braided leather, the animal skin effect, and even the gold sphinx emblem.

Cardi 02


On impulse, I wore this braided bracelet on my ankle.

Cardi 03


Here is the pair's label. Anybody heard of it?

Francois Marot 01


Even if I didn't get the other pairs I wanted, I did surface this elementary school red envelope portfolio from a pile of bags.

Francois Marot 02


It's made of some kind of plastic, lined with leather. The label reads François Marot Paris, with a dog at the center of the logo.

Romantique 01


Lastly, I took with me this small shoulder bag with compartments you wouldn't think would fit in such a quaint article. Label reads Romantique.

Romantique 02


Open it and it shows slots for cards, pens, and papers. It has three more accordioned sections (below), one closed with a zipper. I also liked the gold details, and of course, the texture and the smell of genuine leather. Looks durable, and can even fit my Canon G10 and a Starbucks tumbler. What else can you ask for?

Romantique 03


What a way to spend the day. The umbrella above and the shoes and portfolio were not the only things red. Met another stylish girl at the bookstore wearing a flaming jacket. And she was not the only one I met yesterday with red lips.