Gray thrifting holiday

IMG_2516


Spent the whole day last Friday in bed since I wasn't feeling well, as is a little evident in these pictures. Must have been the flu. Good thing I had taken meds starting Thursday night. By Friday afternoon I was feeling strong enough to join my friend on a return trip to the Japanese goods shop.

I broke in my new espadrilles and combined a fabric and wood pendant necklace with my current bauble favorite.

IMG_2532


This was the gray striped pullover I found inside one of the boxes crowding the garage. It was up for only PhP10 (US$0.20). I adopted it like a poor unwanted puppy. But I didn't get the brown beanie I was holding in the first picture since it was already hopelessly mangy.

IMG_2522


My next find was this gray jacket. The shoulders fit snuggly and I liked the lapels, but I was unsure about the sleeve length. I think they're even shorter than what Thom Browne prescribes. But I got it anyway, since I could wear it casually.

The tie was the third item of the day. Looking at this picture now, I'm wondering why I never thought of wearing ties untied, like scarves.

IMG_2530


Believe it or not, after all the exertion rummaging through dusty clothes, I went home feeling more than a little better.


Outfit photos by Cecilia Aycocho