Day in Sixth Avenue, MoMA, and cocktails at The Standard

New York 10


This is what you see beside the hotel.


New York 11


Forgot to tell you that The Standard is actually built above the High Line, with just the entrance and restaurants under the old tracks.


New York 12


Was thinking of walking all the way to MoMA, but thought the better of it.


New York 13


After all, I wanted to try the subway. Here's the weekly pass I purchased.


New York 14


Some images on and around Sixth Avenue. Does anybody really care about the national debt? Especially since its posted at the IRS.


New York 15


New York 16


New York 17


I was totally unprepared for the masterpieces at the museum. Besides Pablo Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night was also there. Mondrian, Matisse, Bacon, Rousseau, and so many others (will post more soon).


New York 18


A view from inside the museum.


New York 19


Anna Zborowska by Amedeo Modigliani.


New York 20


Some African masks hawked on the street near the museum exit.


New York 21


The special exhibit at the top floor was on the brilliant photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson, who captured the mood of different eras. Very excited to go through the photos again through this thick volume.

Yes, I've come to love the city and would love it more if I could live here. (Magnet with Tim Burton characters.)


New York 23


So now I show you what I found when I got home (besides returning to this amazing view).


New York 22


This is the scarf that came with the Benetton kit. Just so happened I was already wearing denim, so I took this quick snap.


New York 24


Fast forward to the cocktail party at the Boom Boom Room at The Standard. (Will post the rest of the images after I finish the ongoing shoot. Yes, we are live blogging for the Benetton site.) These are Mai of Maisassygirl and Susie of Style Bubble.


IMG_5401


The guys of Montaigne Street.


New York 25


Gisella being interviewed.


New York 26


The bar at The Standard's Boom Boom Room. See you soon for more photos!