Bosquejo presents the Furies: stainless steel razor necklaces

The Furies 01




First time I made a theme-inspired set for Bosquejo jewelry. Posting it here since I think these pieces are ambiguous enough to be unisex.



This first necklace is named Magaera ("grudging"), after one of the Erinnýes ("the angry ones") or Eumenídes ("the kindly ones") in Greek mythology, or Furies/Dirae in the Roman version. The Kindly Ones/Furies were chthonic deities of vengeance, or supernatural personifications of the anger of the dead.



I thought of the trio while handling the lethal-looking razors, which together remind me of teeth.





The Furies 02




The second is called Alecto ("unceasing"). I can imagine wearing these necklaces, especially Magaera above, on top of a white button-down shirt.



Though I first read of the Furies in Oedipus Rex by Sophocles, it was only after reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman series that they really came alive in my head.





The Furies 03




Tisiphone (or "avenging murder": you must admit no one beats the Greeks when it comes to names) I can imagine worn with a collarless shirt, even one with a slight v-neck. Will show you once I've worn them with my cameos.



What do you think?





Send me an email for orders



Bosquejo presents: new Furies + the Dragons series