Southern Road Trip Diary, pt 2

f
(having a garden veggie dinner on the back porch... mom, sister & me) All photos by Tom b.

Most nights we ate dinner out at little country diners but one night we were treated to a meal of veggies, all grown in my mom's backyard garden. Squash and green beans and potatoes! Yum!

g
(Allison and I on Pulpit Rock... the view from the top... baby birds!... cooling my toes... Devil's Den)

One day we made a little road trip to Talladega National Forest. I grew up camping in the parks there so it's always fun to go back and visit. We climbed the tower at Mt. Cheaha, the highest point in Alabama then had a picnic lunch at Lake Chinnabee. We also did a little hiking. One hike took us out to Pulpit Rock and another took us to Devil's Den waterfall where we cooled our toes in the water.