The most tender place in my heart is for strangers...

a

photos by Tom b.

- 30s cotton dress
- vintage felt hat
- 80s flats
- thifted belt
- vintage John Romain satchel
- listening to: Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood "Hold On"

Untitled-1

Hiya! Did y'all have a lovely weekend? Things were pretty low key here. We did super exciting things like go to Lowe's to buy new paint for our stairway (we aren't happy with the color we picked originally) and pick out a rug for our hallway. It was pretty much all house related stuff. While we were at the rug store I sort of fell in love with an 1860s handwoven rug until I realized it cost $13,500! Yowza!

This dress is one of my favorites hanging in my closet. It is an Etsy find and in such wonderful condition considering it's nearly 80 years old. Most of the dresses I've found from that era feature some sort of floral print so I love the abstract sea-urchiny print of this one. I've also been looking for a way to wear this hat ever since I thrifted it a couple of months ago. It's getting to be that time of year when I have to give up my wool berets. It hurts a little bit, I must admit. ;)

Untitled-2