Bird Prints

behati
Super adorable Behati Prinsloo

Would it be terrible to start this post by saying bird prints are really taking off? Flying of the shelves? Har, har, har! Yep, pretty terrible. Perhaps instead we should begin by discussing how frickin' adorable Behati Prinsloo is in her bird cage print dress and Where the Wild Things Are crown . That just may go down as one of the best prints I've ever spotted. According to the photo credit it's a vintage dress so there's no luck getting my hands on one. Wah-wah.

b

Usually if I end up in a print, which is not too often I think, it's a floral one or perhaps a classic stripe. But bird prints are quickly becoming a favorite. It seems I'm not the only one; there's The Clothes Horse in her Modcloth dress and The Glamourai in her amazing Hayden Harnett dress.

c
Luella, Miss Selfridge, Kate Moss for Topshop

I think my favorite version of the print are the simple black and white ones. The Miss Selfridge one is tempting me. There's something a bit dark and Hitchcockian about the swirling flocks that offsets the sweet silhouette of the dress. Looking at these reminds me that I just found a bird-on-a-wire wrap dress at a local vintage shop that I need to wear soon. I think I also have an old bird print Urban Outfitters dress hanging in the back of my closet somewhere. Shop my closet, right?!

d
Miu Miu, Karen Walker, ?? from Allure Allure's Flickr photostream