Ralph Lauren

a

I have a terrible habit of only looking at the collections of the few usual suspects come Fashion Week. You know the ones... Marc, Luella, Chloe, et al. I just can't muster the energy to dig through all of the collections season after season. Who has the time!? But by doing this, I'm always afraid I'll miss out on something great. Such is the case with this Ralph Lauren collection (at least the first half - he loses me around the time the baby-blue-shiny-satiny concoctions make their appearance). It's not a collection that I would usually check out but I'm so glad I stumbled across it.

I guess since he's the all-American designer it makes sense that he would pull inspiration from one of the hallmarks of American history - The Great Depression. I love all the feedsack florals and white socks with oxfords. Not to mention a lot of the looks are topped off with adorable cloche hats. It's not enough to make me wish it was still summer, but I'm sure I'll be happy to look back on these looks once the hot weather does roll back around.

b