aka: Rock Star Super Kitty

RockStarSuperKitty

Every once in a while I veer off topic here on the blog - nine out of ten times about our cats. After working from home this past year it seems that they've become an even bigger part of my life than they've ever been before. I guess that's to be expected when I'm spending pretty much 24 hours a day with them. At any given time we have quite the motley crew of cats hanging around our apartment. We tend to always gravitate towards those scraggly one-eyed, one-eared sort that no one else seems to want. Rocky, my constant lap companion and frequent photo supervisor, was a street cat living under cars in east LA when a kind stranger picked him up. I saw him in a cage at an adopt-a-cat day put on by a local non-profit group in LA. His white paws were brown from grease, his head was three times too big for his scrawny body and his face was covered in scratches. One look and I knew he had to come home with me. That was a year and ten months ago. The only downside to bringing home those older animals is sometimes they don't get to spend enough time in your life. Today my lap is empty. Goodbye Rocky. You'll be missed.

I'm taking a couple of days off from blogging. I'm sure you understand. We start our holiday road trip to Alabama tomorrow. I'll be back soon with lots of photos and stories of our adventures.