Blue, yellow, and a dash of bravery

IMG_3385


I've never tried the color combination before, but I was feeling cheerful and positive this morning, and open to some experimentation.

The anchor of this outfit is a dark navy belt with gold sequins — bought at the women's section of Mexx, but what the heck.


IMG_3384


Here is the tie up close, with black, gray, and blue stripes. It's a little wide, but I think it works.


blue belt and tie


Here are the tie and the belt coiled and ready to strike.


IMG_3382


And here is my entire outfit, with my lovely espadrilles, of which rubber soles are fast weathering.

My friends said that my torso was top heavy and that my shirt had to be of a lighter fabric so it won't bunch under my sheer cardigan. What do you think? Also, should the belt show or be hidden?


IMG_3383


Suddenly I am thinking of just showing the belt at the back and not the front. All in all, I think today's little experiment wasn't a total loss. Today is one of the few days I have worn my espadrilles without rain making them squishy.


Shirt, Paul Smith; sheer Zara cardigan and Di Bazzato tie: both thrifted; skinny jeans, Two Percent; belt, Mexx; espadrilles from Davao

Outfit photos by Patricia Suzara