Black and white




A friend once read my palm and told me that I'm the type of person who always tries to see things - you guessed it - in black and white. Don't ask me though how he deciphered that from my hands.

I had to agree with him, since as a writer, my method has always been to wade through every complication and uncertainty to reach something with substance. I guess I aim for the same in my personal style and in my fashion commentary.




Black and white, beyond being safe and strong statements, can be a refuge one comes back to every now and then to scrape away all the muck that has built up.


Pleated shirt, Zara; faded black jeans, United Colors of Benetton; skinny leather belt, APC; thrifted sneakers, Comme des Garçons Shirt; nylon jacket, Izzue; silk tie, thrifted

Photos by Patricia Suzara