All the patterns and textures




This ensemble shot by Scott has had a lasting effect on me. Subtle sophistication that is a balance of the bold and the muted: just the way I like it.

I couldn't exactly produce a useable combination since I would wither under leather and tweed in Manila heat. But while I look for textural alternatives, here is my take on the multi-pattern motif.





Here I repeat the pairing of this sweater and my polka dot shirt, but I have also added the striped necktie and the leather filigree belt (design not obvious). Come to think of it, with the smooth and slippery texture of the jeans and the canvas material of the sneakers, not only do I have four patterns, but also six textures!


Sweater, Sisley; shirt, Topman; necktie and Comme des Garçons sneakers: both thrifted; filgiree belt, Brave Beltworks; jeans, Jil Sander