My new old Bally slip-ons

New-old Ballys 01


I remember this pair from years and years ago. It was my brother's, but he didn't really know how to love shoes. (I know I just wrote about shoes, but I couldn't help it.)


New-old Ballys 02


If they fit me then, I would have sneaked them out of his closet often.


New-old Ballys 03


It must have been one decade since.


New-old Ballys 04


Now I see them again, in very good condition: the soles barely weathered and only one small tear on the woven leather and hemp detailing.


New-old Ballys 05


How cool is this?


New-old Ballys 06


Now, after being rescued from a flooded house, they fit snuggly on my notoriously small feet.


New-old Ballys 07


Oh, by the way, the pair's color combination reminds me of these bracelets I got from Divisoria (far right), piled neatly beside by bookmarks, pens, and pencils (far left); and my other wrist accessories (center)


New-old Ballys 08


Once I confirmed that the pair finally fit, seeing them on, I felt like skipping, even tap-dancing, so I could click back the years when I would wait for special occasions just so I could hear myself tap-tap-tapping my wooden soles on marble and parquet.


New-old Ballys 10


These are perfect for chinos, in shorts or trousers, and other neutral-colored pants. Light green too, of course (fatigues, moss, olive, etc).


New-old Ballys 11


With the shoes came this reddish-colored shelf, which has done much to solve my room space problems.


New-old Ballys 09


And speaking of memories, here are some more fit neatly into glass.


From left: candies from a glassblower's shop in Murano, my small coin collection (do you know why the exterior of the jar feels sticky?), white shells collected from various beaches