Denim on Denim + Black Benedictine

IMG_4354


Long after my first attempt at wearing denim on denim, I have finally found a suitable shirt for pairing.

Come to think of it, my penchant for denim-on-denim is in line with my taste for monochrome. Denim-on-denim being its most casual form.


IMG_4352


I have accessoried this shirt by Topman with five steel beads hanging on the thinnest of necklaces. Don't want to interfere that much with strong and simple design.


IMG_4355


The buttons are meant to resemble mother-of-pearl, much whiter than my coffee-stained not-so-pearly whites.

Shirt, Topman; jeans, Lee; filigree belt, Brave Beltworks; nylon sneakers, Tretorn x Acne; necklace, DIY


Benedictine 01b


Days after, I wore this new necklace from my Sacre line of Bosquejo accessories. Named it Benedictine after the saint on the pendant.


IMG_4360


Wore denim again, this time in black. Paired the Sacre necklace with another from the Djinn line, all in black.


Benedictine 02b


I like how this one turned out looking like a striped shirt, with the colors of Charlie Brown's outfit.


IMG_4361


Lee shirt and Izzue jeans: both thrifted; necklaces, Bosquejo; skinny belt, APC


Benedictine 03b


I made this necklace thinking that this would first and foremost be masculine. And it is.


IMG_4395


But that hasn't stopped my sister from wearing it. She appears today on my streetstyle blog, La Folie Douce, where you can see the rest of her outfit.


Cameos by Patricia Suzara