Keepers

Thrift Finds - Keepers

Hard evidence that I was not feeling well last week is the fact that I never went to a single thrift store - all week long! So very not like me. I jokingly call my thrifting treks my "weekly therapy sessions." I get all restless and antsy if I haven't set foot in a thrift store in more than a week. I think I suffer from thriftitis? Thriftdrawal? I'm a thriftaholic? By Saturday afternoon I was finally feeling fully rested and ready for an outing. And I'm so glad I went! I came home with two large bags of goodies for the shop - and a couple of things that will make a rotation through my closet before perhaps hitting the shop as well.

It seems there's a bit of an equestrian theme going on up top. I finally found a perfect pair of riding boots in my size. They were just the thing for the snowy weather we had this weekend! This horse-jumping sweater almost didn't come home with me. I was in the checkout line when I spotted it on the rack. I reached over at the last second and put it in my cart. I don't usually do these sorts of novelty sweaters but for some reason I'm loving this one!

I don't think I'm ready to give up my berets, but I'm certainly going to have to find a way to work this wool brimmed hat into the rotation. This skirt may not seem terribly noteworthy but it's the kind of wardrobe staple I know I'll wear again and again. It's in my favorite color for the season, a nice warm caramel, and has all sorts of lovely details that make it special; the cutest hip pocket, a tonal windowpane check and double kick pleats at the back hem!

Thrift Finds - Keepers