New Old Things

[1]

I'm in the process of photographing all of the fall pieces I'd been stockpiling over the summer for a big shop update (on Wednesday!). Today was the first day I sort of missed my brick wall. I'm still trying to adjust to using a solid wall as a background and haven't quite found the perfect camera settings to expose the photos the way I want to. So for practice, I threw a few of my recent finds on the hanger.

  • This black and cream 60s mini dress made me audibly squeal with delight when I pulled it off the rack. It's been lingering in a box since just before the move. When I pulled it out this weekend, it struck me how much it reminds me of the new Lyell collection which only made me love it more.
  • I've had many contenders pass through my closet, but the perfect little black dress has always been elusive. I think I've finally found my match. The perfect rayon fabric, gently gathered at the waist with a metal zipper up the back. True love.
  • This 40s cotton dress is more of a spring/summer thing but I love it so much I'm sure I'll wrap it up with a sweater and boots and wear it for fall anyway.
  • These 60s navy wool shorts aren't a new purchase, rather a score from Maude Loves Harold Vintage last fall that was newly rediscovered packed away in a box. Now I need to find my sheer navy tights to pair with these and my navy pea coat.


[2]