Lula Confession

lula

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've never actually gotten my hands on a copy of Lula Magazine. I know, I know. That seems like some sort of sacriledge in this blogging world, right? It's just that I've never been much for buying magazines because I thought they were all sort of the same Conde Nast vision of fashion and never much interested me. I guess I got it in my head that I didn't really like magazines so even when a good one came around I just stubbornly stuck to not buying one, even though I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the scans from the pages online.

Word spread quickly across blogs today about the new Lula website so I thought I would finally give in and check it out. There are three short films on the site. I tried watching them all but for some reason I'm having some internet issues which made the films all jumpy and jarring. I finally made it all the way through "I Put a Spell On You", written in part by Sarah Sophie Flicker. Watching the film that way made it seem even more like an editorial come to life. Every time the movie paused unexpectedly, it was like a page ripped from the magazine.

Once my internet issues are worked out I want to go back and watch the other two films. I have to admit, seeing this film with all its mother-nature-wicca-goth-fairy-princess sort of imagery has me itching to get my hands on the new copy of the magazine. A convert at last!