What I'm Wearing

3096220052_93f8e78aee_o[1]
dress: H&M
tights: Mastermind
coat: vintage
hat, gloves, purse & shoes: vintage
shawl: DIY'd from vintage materials - see below :)

I've had this vintage fur collar lying around my closet for weeks and I've been wondering what to do with it. I also had a dress that I'd bought just so I could take the little beaded collar from it. Suddenly I realized that I could use the satin cord belt from the dress to make a little tie for the collar and wear it over coats and sweaters (see the post below for a little more detail).

I have to admit that even though I have a vintage coat with a fur collar that I've worn to go out, I felt a little funny wearing this collar. I kept thinking someone was going to pelt me with flour or throw a PETA flier in my face. I know with a post like this there's always the danger of opening up the fur debate. I guess my stance is that there's enough fur in the world already. If we can demonstrate a way to repurpose the existing fur, there's no need for one more single animal to die. But then again, you could argue there's really no reason to wear fur at all.