Me and The Giant Tree

Untitled-1

shirt: vintage
sweater vest: vintage
jeans: vintage Jordache
coat: H&M
boots, purse & belt: vintage
hat: Miller's Hats

I know it's silly to become attached to a tree, but this is my favorite tree in all of Lancaster. It's a ginkgo with huge branches that spread out over the sidewalk and drop their cute little fan-leaves all over the ground. While most of the trees in the area have already dropped their colorful fall leaves, the ginkgo was stubbornly staying green. With a ginkgo, the leaves usually change quickly then all fall to the ground in just a day or two so I knew I was going to have to keep an eye on it if I wanted to catch it in all of its fall glory. Luckily, as I was out for a walk the other day, the leaves had finally changed and the sky was filled with the vibrant yellow leaves. Now I want to go back to check if the leaves have fallen because they're just as pretty when they're blanketing the ground.

Also, I must say thank you to my boyfriend for the wonderful new blog banner. I wanted something that felt like fall and it's just perfect.