Three thrifted cardigans, a wool jacket, and a fleece coat

Cardigan 01a


So after having my fill of ties and vests and chancing upon a cutaway and a well-cut jacket, I return to the Japanese goods thrift store to gorge my appetite on cardigans, in the process finding an unexpected coat and jacket.

The cardigans I found seem meant for me: either sheer and made from very light fabrics or deliciously patterned and thick.

Cardigan 01b


This first piece is both sheer and ribbed. The emblem on the left chest reveals it is a country golf club cardigan.

Cardigan 02a


I love the embroidered pattern of this next one and also its length.

Cardigan 02b


Nevermind that it's a woman's cardigan. Just look at those mother of pearl buttons.

Jacket 01a


I think this wool jacket would better fit once I remove the shoulder pads. Maybe also a little bit of tailoring would finish the trick.

Jacket 01b


I may also want to remove the top two buttons to make it more masculine.

Jacket 03c


The buttons, apparently, bear United States of America emblems.

Cardigan 03a


This light gray cardigan, also ribbed, I primarily got for the color.

Cardigan 03b


It would be perfect to top off dark colored outfits, or even light neutrals.

Coat 01a


Keeping the last cardigan on, I tried this fleece-lined winter jacket.

Coat 01b


I know it seems impractical, but I am sure I will have use of this coat some time in the future.

Coat 01c


I just couldn't let it go, especially seeing how good it matched my ensemble. Not least the fact that it suits me.

Coat 01d


Here it is once again. And here ends another fulfilling trip to the thrift shop.

Which piece do you like the most?


Black tee, Sisley; skinny jeans, Two Percent; thrifted boots, Timberland

Photographs by Cecilia Aycocho