That warm, furry fuzzy feeling

Hair sandals 01


There are things that look different in a different light.


Hair sandals 02


Like my rose and leaf patterned hair and suede slippers I wore for work yesterday, which appear shiny under the sun.


IMG_6621


Like myself, in this latest attempt to look older and more sophisticated by wearing glasses. Though it's more the rest of the world that looks different, more in a blur.


IMG_6623


What do you think? If ever I do wear "vanity" spectacles, I guess they would have to be in this shape, since the big, okay-don't-I-look-geeky frames would only swallow up my angle-less face.


Hair sandals 03


The slippers look different as well during the afternoon, and at night, when they assume a more feline character. Brooding enough to be worn as opera flats.


IMG_6624


I'm sure I'll find the perfect glasses (perspective?) one day.


IMG_6625


Have you noticed what's pinned on my shirt?


Button brooch


It's a button made of wood that I have redone as a brooch. (You can also see here that my shirt buttons come in doubles.)

These past few days, there has been something/someone similarly pinned at this particular place, which/who has subtly changed how I look at things. Suddenly, it's not just about appearances.


Shirt, jeans, slippers, and satchel: all thirsted; belt from a market in Italy; purple pullover, French Connection; brooch, DIY