How to wear white jeans

IMG_2293


So shoot me. My first advice would be to wear white as if you don't care getting dirty. This is the most important thing to keep in mind. Otherwise don't bother.

IMG_2290


Okay, so after ignoring my Alfalfa hair, let me say that this is a real escaltor stepped on by all sorts of people. The good news is I thrifted this pair for a mere pittance, which makes this picture doubly alright.

In this instance, I have chosen a black and white ensemble. In order that I won't be confused as an orderly (!), wore a plastic necklace, two wooden necklaces wound together and worn as a bracelet, and another bracelet made of tiger's eye — which serves as the outfit's accent.

The stripes on the shirt's collar and sleeves help to establish a theme.

IMG_2298


And so does this skinny belt, barely seen. I think this is best done at the back or on either side, not in front.

IMG_2289


So there. White on white can be quite tricky. Accessories not necessary if you have well cut trousers, a nice shirt, and, most importantly, the attitude.

So how have you worn your white jeans?

Tee, Zara; jeans, thrifted; belt, APC; plastic necklace, Qeelin; sneakers, Generic Surplus

Photos by Cecilia Aycocho