Casual preppy with Fred Perry

IMG_9950


I still remember fitting this Fred Perry blazer months ago. I couldn't forget its fit and the way it felt. I must have spent half an hour inside the dressing room just standing, then sitting, then standing again with the piece on. I couldn't take it off! It was the price though, that discouraged me.


IMG_9949


Fast forward to last week, when I found the same blazer in the same size (probably the exact same jacket) hanging on the sale rack. I didn't hesitate.



IMG_9957


Even though contrast piping is no longer the "in" thing, it still looked pretty to me. The blazer belongs to Fred Perry's Japanese collection, hence the slimmer fit. It hugs the body in a way that forms a more flattering silhouette.


IMG_9962


Here is the lining. Yes, that's also a Fred Perry polo shirt I'm wearing inside, also from the Japan collection, but from the current season.


IMG_9964


Paired the duo with slim carrot jeans from Topman. I used the black shirt and the navy jacket to tone down the relatively bright color of the pants. Would have topped off the look with boots, but I don't have a pair that is slim enough. So I settled for strappy sandals.


IMG_9969


At first glance, there seems to be the same piping on the Fred Perry polo shirt, but look: a double collar! Like the unexpected sale, it is the little surprises that bring a smile on my face.


Polo shirt and blazer, Fred Perry; jeans, Topman; belt, A.P.C.; Kickers sandals: thrifted

Photos by Patricia Suzara