Tag, You're It!

I've been tagged by Vintage Vinyl with a unique task. It seems that these are the rules: pick up the closest book, turn to page 123, find the 5th sentence then post the next three sentences. Here's mine:

"The piggish noise irritated me, and for a while it seemed to me that the only way to stop it would be to take the column of skin and sinew from which it rose and twist it to silence betweeb my hands. I feigned sleep until my mother left for school, but even my eyelids didn't shut out the light. They hung the raw, red screen of their tiny vessels in front of me like a wound. "

Pleasant, huh? I don't think part of the task is asking people to figure out where it comes from. That would be way to hard! This is from Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. It's one of those books that I reread at least once a year. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it.

I'm quite terrible at passing along tags so if you'd like to play along, consider yourself tagged. If you'd like, you can leave your sentences in my comments. I'd love to read them! :)