More Adventures in Maryland

After spending several exciting hours exploring the old clothing factory we jumped back in the car to head to our next destination. To reach this place we had to hike a mile or so through the woods down a railroad track. What seemed like an hour in the hot sun later we finally reached the buildings. And oh, what beautiful dilapidation they were! The now abandoned buildings used to be Henryton Hospital which was a tuberculosis treatment center for African-American children started in the late 1920's. All that is left is room after room of peeling paint, broken mirrors and stray sinks and tubs. I must have taken over a hundred photos! I kept thinking what a wonderful place this would be to have a fashion shoot. Unfortunately, on days like these I have to resign myself to my exploring gear of cargo pants and hiking shoes. Here's a sampling of the photos that I took (except for the one of me taking a picture of my boyfriend who's taking a picture of me taking a picture of him... you get the idea ).